Monday, January 11

Contemporary Stained Glass Wedding Bouquet








A dream project that I finished just before Christmas; a contemporary stained glass panel depicting the bride's wedding bouquet, which was commissioned as a gift by her lovely mum.

The wedding bouquet was made by Pyrus Flowers, which is run by creative duo Natalya Ayers and Fiona Inglis, who seek out unusual, seasonal Scottish blooms, often foraged from the wild. I could while away a good few hours scrolling through their Instagram feed.

In this bouquet, tucked amongst the peachy, creamy delicate dahlias, were sprigs of wild blackberry, hawthorn, hazel and scabious, all tied together with bright, trailing ribbons in bohemian shades of ruby, turquoise, gold and plum. In order to allow the richness of the colours of the flowers and ribbons to really stand out, I used a dark inky-blue glass for the background. For the bouquet itself I included some handmade, recycled glass. The date of the wedding is painted on the central gold ribbon tied around the stems of the bouquet.

The last image is of the beautiful bride Polly, holding her bouquet, alongside her father.

Such a wonderful way to commemorate the day and preserve the bouquet forever.

(If you would be interested in commissioning something similar for yourself or as a gift, drop me a line via the contact page on my website.)

8 comments:

  1. This is the most beautiful thing I've seen all year. If I had one it would be my favourite wedding present BY FAR. Wonder if it's too late to get one, 17 years late?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the nicest comment I've seen all year! Thank you Nicky xx
      Ps, definitely not too late ;)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I had a go at stained glass once so I can see the amazing skill involved in this. Amazing xx

    ReplyDelete